Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm in the Game. Are you?

I made a difference in the world and so can you!

I made a donation to World Vision to help someone overcome poverty and to help the relief effort in Haiti. It was easy to find the right donation opportunity with over 100 ways to give. It only takes a few minutes to make a difference in our world, specifically Haiti. I encourage you to go experience it for yourself today!

Simply click on the link below to see what you can do to help a child or family in need.

www.worldvision.org


This hits home for our family because we sponsor a child in the Dominican Republic, the other country that shares the same island as Haiti. The ripple effects are huge there, as well. But as we have been praying for the people of Haiti, as well as, the worker helping in the relief efforts, we knew we had to get in the game.


So as I have been praying, I knew I couldn't go, but I knew we could give. Trust me when I say the budget in the Rings house is tight. Every penny matters in this season of life. But we just had to get in the game in a tangible way. I am so glad we did. It matters for what it models to my kids to be apart of the poor and hurting. It matters to the Kingdom of God as we participate in God's plan of mercy and compassion. It matters to the people of Haiti where every dollar saves a life, provides food, and helps in the recovery/rebuilding effort.


So what will you do this in this time of devastation? Stay on bench or get in the game?

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites