Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 03, 2006

Retail This

I'm diving into some deep water on Monday. I got the call today from Costco saying they want me to join their team in the marketing department. That is very cool and I am totally encouraged. But I'd be pretty inauthentic if I didn't share that I was a tad bit nervous, maybe even a little scared. Like I said this is some deep, uncharted water for me to be swimming in. The last time I thought about working in retail was when I was in high school and college and working my first job at, ironically, Pace Warehouse (owned by Kmart). So I go in as a total noob/newbie/rookie with a teachable spirit, humble and contagious attitude, and willingness to work hard. So with all that being said...I am excited about this. I pray that it is an amazing experience as long as God has me there, I choose to be there, and Costco employs me there.

But what the hey...I am totally thankful for another chance to get out there, learn something new, use my skillz/gifts/experiences to serve others and something bigger than myself, and along the way make some new friends and make a difference. And it goes without saying that it totally helps put Kelly at ease, puts food on the table, keeps a roof over our head, and pays some bills (does anybody else's gas bill suck?). You know me...something new always has the potential to be something meaningful and fun.

If you'd like to learn a little bit of the difference between Costo and Sam's Club read this article here. It's got some good mission, vision, and values stuff that will give you a glimpse into the Costco world.

So who's ready to sign up?!

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites