Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Check Your Facts

It's amazing to me the number of half truths, words out of contexts, and he said/she said remarks fill our politician's rhetoric. The finger pointing and name calling almost make me gag at times. Then I hear what politicians say they HAVE or have NOT done and what the other politician has or has not done, and I think ignorantly to myself, "Oh, that must be true. I did not know that!" Then I think, "Is that true?" Because let's face it, there is a freaking ton of info out there that the average Joe and Jenn like you and may could never know.

So if you are like me and need help finding out how both Republican and Democratic adds are telling only half the story and ripping words out of context, then I've got a site for you. It's call FactCheck.org. It's a non-partisan organization who's goal it is "to reduce the level of deception and confusion in American politics." For as much as I like Obama the communicator and community activist, I'm not sure I trust his politics. As much I like McCain the maverick and war hero, I'm not sure trust his politics. As much as I am beginning to really like Palin, I'm not sure how much I can trust her, either. And as for Biden, I don't think I can trust him at all (too much the political elite). Hey, I'm a Gen-Xer, I got trust issues...haha!

But as with anything and anyone, we have our bents. It's hard for me to believe that FactCheck doesn't lean one way or the other. But at the end of the day, it's the best thing out there to help a dumb political guy like me get my facts straight, stay informed, and make the best educated vote I can in this election. Hope it helps you, too, check what both sides say and don't say.

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites