Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 15, 2008

Three Semesters Down One To Go

Just a little update on where I'm at in the school time line here. As of the end of this Fall '08 semester, I have completed 38 of 48 credit hours of my master in education program. And let me say this, it is good to have this semester done.

I've been reading, studying, counseling, sharing, etc. for over 16 straight months. My brain is tired. But it's good to be learning, growing, and expanding my understanding of how to help kids. I get to learn ideas, praxis, philosophy, and theory that not only helps children, teenagers, and adults, but as internalize it, it helps me, too. God is giving me more and more insight into who I am: my strengths/weaknesses, my being, my issues, etc. It's been good. Not easy, but good because I'm growing and not settling for the status quo.

Along the way, I have met and become friends with some great people. I have sat in the class of professors who have forgotten more counseling stuff than I'll ever know. I've networked with some quality professionals whom I respect and have learned a great deal from. It's always more about the people I come into contact with in each setting where I've studied, worked, worshipped or lived. That is no different here in this this season, at this place.

But this break will be good, sweet, and needed. I'm looking forward to extra time with the kids and my family. I'm looking for a little brain shut down. I'm looking forward to getting my Wii on. I'm going to be doing some reading, but nothing that relates to education or counseling. I'm going to re-read The Shack. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm really excited about Christmas this year...the kids really are at a great age for the awe and wonder that fills this divinely mysterious season.

I've rambled enough. There is light at the end of this tunnel. Finish strong. Finish strong!

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites