Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life Is for Sharing

What a great and true line. Life is for sharing. Sharing love. Sharing friendship. Sharing knowledge. Sharing stories. Sharing stuff. Sharing burdens. Sharing struggles. Sharing dreams. Sharing hope. Sharing Jesus. And the list could go on and on.

The early church was really good at (Acts 2:43-47). Paul spent his life doing it (1 Thessalonians 2:8). Mother Theresa embodied it.

I wonder how I am doing at sharing my life with those around me. How am I doing at sharing my heart and soul with Kelly. Am I letting her into the deep places of my life?

I wonder how am I doing at sharing my life with my kids. Do I share my time? Do I share the very best energy that I have? Do I share with them both fun/silly and focused/serious?

I wonder how am I doing at sharing with other family and friends. Am I honest when I share? Do share when it makes me appear more spiritual or vulnerable? How about carving out time to share some time/space that is significant to growing as a man and caring for others around me?

This sharing is both intentional and spontaneous. I can plan it, but must also be open for the unexpected times to share time, energy, money, stuff, and love. I can get it on the calendar, but be ready for when God directs something unexpected my way so as to follow Him and what he might be doing in that very moment.

Sharing life is easy for some and difficult for others. It can be both fun and life-giving as well as hard and life-draining. But in the end we gotta do it for in the sharing of life, our life, His life, we gain so much more.

How will it start for you today? Big? Small? With a spouse, child, neighbor, or stranger? I don't know but do it! May you find inspiration from this cool little viral marketing video from T-Mobile. I know I did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great video... aren't we all doing the "dance of life"?!

Thanks for being the sage-poet in the family... we are all better for having you in our life. It was no "accident" that's for sure!

Love,
Your bro.

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites