Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's No Big Deal

Found this great little post entitled 5 Little Mistakes That Led to Huge Catastrophes. And with a lot of fun, interesting posts, it got me to thinking...

How many times have you and I said, "It's no big deal," to someone who is bringing some much needed light to a dark "issue" in our life. Whether those issues were/are spiritual, moral, ethical, legal, marital, parental, or relational, when confronted with them we blew it and them off. It's no big deal. I can handle it. I know...I know...I'm working on it. Is what we say to them. And the funny thing is that a lot of times those issues are little in relation the grand scheme of things: half-truth to a spouse, safe lies to "protect" our kids, "sick days" from the office, cocky attitude on the field, wandering eyes at the opposite sex, hanging around the pool gossip to "overhear" the latest scoop, the playful/innocent sexual innuendo, and the list could go on and on.

Many of these little mistakes have lead millions of men, women, teenagers, and kids down a path of soul seduction and compromise that can/will kill our hearts and hurt/destroy relationships. I know it's true in my own life especially when comes to the issues of half truths and exaggeration - otherwise known as lying. It starts off as an easy way to protect myself from personal/relational pain then works it's way into an unhealthy pattern of behavior that becomes a destructive way of life.

At least that is me. Oddly enough that is a couple of godly guys, Abraham and David, in the Bible. We are all susceptible. No one is immune. That's why the psalmist told us to guard our hearts.

I know I have to continue to be ruthless about being open to change the "no big deal" things in my life when others point out their potential harm. It could be the difference between life and death.

Jesus, continue to press upon me the need I have and the desire I want to be humble and teachable when others try and help me uncover the little mistakes that could lead to huge catastrophes. Help me to embrace your Light and disdain the darkness. In the gracious and truthful name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites