Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 01, 2009

A Short History of Twitter

I admit it. I've got a bit o geek in me. It comes out in lots of places: comic books, cats, video games, and blogging. What began purely as a place to journal (in a geeky kinda way), blogging has become something that I enjoy doing. It's kind of a creative, spiritual outlet for me if you will. This blog you are reading right now is my macro thing. But I also enjoy the micro blogging via Twitter.

I connected with Twitter initially because it was the newest hottest buzz on the net. Then I found out it could update "what I am doing" to my blog, Held Up High. Then I figured out that it could update my status page on Facebook without me having to log on there every couple of hours or so.

So when I came across this TED talk by Evan Williams the founder/CEO of Twitter about it's meteoric rise I just had to listen. Very interesting in both a geeky and practical way.

After you watch it, answer this question: How are you/is your organization (business, blog, band, youth ministry, non-prof, school etc) using Twitter in unique, profitable, or helpful ways?



p.s. Here's the link to Twitter Search (formerly Summize). Very interesting to explore.

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites