Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Generation Green Song 2009

First off, I'm not a huge cultural environmentalist. I'm trying to find my place in the environmental movement as I live out the kingdom of God edicts that flow from Scripture. Care for animals. Steward our resources. Put a premium on life. Feed the poor. Clean water to the needy. Treasure the gifts of life that God gives to you and I on our planet.

I'm not with the radical left on these issues nor am I cruising with the radical right. I do know that no one has the corner on weather our environment/climate issues are human created or historically cyclical. The things we are doing are good: alternative fuels, education/awareness, reduce, reuse, recycle (though aluminum is the only profitable recyclable material at the moment), use common sense, etc. But we can also do other things: drill here, drill now, use common sense, etc.

But I digress...the point of this post is to get you to listen to a great song written by a friend of my nephew at Belmont University, Jame Ruehlmann. It's a killer song. Great music. Great lyrics. Fun. Catchy. And, if I'm honest, a bit inspiring.

SO...check out the song, Generation Green, here. It's really good. Check out the Facebook page created by James (singer, song writer, musician) here. Here the other songs written for the contest here (they don't hold a candle to James' tune).

Happy Earth Day and remember to reuse, reduce, recycle, drill here, and drill now!

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites