Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 06, 2009

A Tale of Two Weeks (U2, Baby!)

A week ago at this time, Kelly, Sarah and Parker and I were at my brother, Matt, and sis-in-law, Toni's, house in Gulf Breeze, Fl. We were having a great time playing games, watching movies, hitting the beach and hanging out. I really had only one thing on the whole week. Buy tickets for the opening show for the U3 360 Tour in Chicago. That's it.

I knew it would be tough, but not 4 minutes of fury tough. Tickets were gone in a heartbeat! Wham. Bam. Thank you Mam! Ticketmaster got slammed! And like that, I was bumming by 10:10am. I bumped around Ticketmaster for another hour only to find singles tickets available. Shut out! U2 basically sold out in about 5 minutes.

I had a buddy of mine get 4 tickets that only added to my misery, but called him to see how he did it. Simple formula: multiple people on multiple computers searching for the 4 best available seats/prices. I had done any of those. Dang it!

So I jumped on StubHub to see what tickets are going for there and I was like Oh, Snap! 500 freaking dollars for one ticket! Dang it, again! All hope was completely gone, BUT then the hope blossomed anew!

U2 was opening a second show on September 13 in Chicago and tickets were going on sale today. So armed with hope and a game plan, Matt, Toni and I coordinated 4 computers, high speed cable internet, and cell phones to land 4 AMAZING tickets in section 133 to U2! Woohoo! That will be Toni's birthday present from Matt (he'll be in Japan...sorry, bro!) and mother's/father's day/anniversary presents for this year.

I'm stoked! Let the concert psych up begin!

Get on your boots!

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites