Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Potentially Dangerous Questions

I'm reading one of my favorite authors right now, Don Everts. He's a campus guy/author/speaker on staff with InterVarsity. His latest book is God in the Flesh. In the book, he makes the thesis that fixing our eyes on Jesus is paramount to life. Also in the book he poses what he calls "potentially dangerous questions" that "just might make room for God to speak into our lives." And so as I wrestle with them, I will post them for you to wrestle with (knowing that you don't have the context from which they are drawn...so buy the book). So here is questions 1 and 2 from the first couple of chapters.

Potentially Dangerous Question #1: If I received a letter or e-mail from a friend encouraging me to "remember Jesus," how would that make me feel?

Potentially Dangerous Question #2: Why is that each season of ingathering [revival] that the church has seen has been marked by a renewed centrality and focus upon Jesus?

Feel free to not comment and just think or comment on what you think and feel either about one of the questions or even both. I'd be curious to know.

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites