Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy 75th, Mom!

Couldn't leave the blogsphere today without wishing my mother a very happy birthday! Kelly, the kids, and my sis, Marcie took her out to Tumbleweed for a fun little, food, and laughter that only comes with being with my mom.

I had her walk us down memory lane by telling where she was at at age 25, 35, 45, 55, and 65. It was quite a ride full of craziness, kids, family moves, nursing jobs, and love. And through it all my mom has been a living example of what it means to be a follower of Jesus, a strong woman, life-long learner, devoted and sacrificial wife, faithful friend, and nurturing mother. Not to mention that she's a wild woman who loves to give you advice whether you want it or not, diagnose your illness whether you need it or not, mumble directions under her breath whether you hear it or not, mispronounce the most common of words whether you catch it or not, and pass gas then disguise it as humming whether you smell it or not- outstanding!

It makes me shudder to think where I might be if not for her steady, passionate, and godly influence in my life. Mom, you are simply the best. I am blessed to be your son.

Happy Birthday!

My wife, Kelly, Mom, and my sister, Marcie celebrating the big 7-5!

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites