Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ah...It's Good To Be Home

I'll just tell you this...it's good to be home. I was technically home last weekend, but only for about 24 hours or so. So I'm not really counting that for quality or quantity time spent with the family. But this weekend is different. After my Counseling and Diversity class, I bolted for my car and headed for the highway.

It's funny, but the time that I am away from home seems longer and longer, but the time on the road seems to go quicker and quicker. Time simply drags as I think how long it has been or will be until I see Kelly and the kids again. What's cool, however, is that as soon as I'm in that car, it seems that I am home in the blink of an eye. That is such a good thing and I am thankful to that.

So to all you moms and dads out there that do this travel thing for a living and to pay the bills...I don't know how you do it. I don't know how your families do it. It really isn't the life for me. I couldn't hack it. I can't wait until it's over!

So for now I will soak up the time I have to wrestle, hug, play dollies, fly planes, and give kisses. It is sweet like honey! So good. Plus, this is Labor Day weekend. I get an extra day at home! Woohoo! So very, very good.

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites