Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 07, 2007

The Good and the Bad

I've seen two movies in the theater in the past week. Unheard for me for a long, long time, but still fun. Kelly let me out of the house for one free movie and the other out-of-pocket expense one.

First movie was Hot Fuzz. I didn't go in with high and expectations, but was thinking that it was going to be the British version of Naked Gun and Hot Shots. But BOY was I wrong. Not only was it one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time, it was also one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Great cinematography. Well acted (lead guy totally rocked...could totally play dramas, too). Amazing writing. If you are into British comedy (Monty Python, Snatch, etc.) go see it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Second movie I saw was a big bust in my book. I had great expectations for Spider-man 3 like everyone else. For gosh sake, it blew away box office records over the weekend. So with the hype came the great fall. Great action sequences and amazing special effects, washed out by needless character studies, romance complexities, and one random dance scene. Total bummer. Only reason to go see in the theater is to see the special effects on the big screen (plus the bad guys are great - Venom and Sandman).

There you have it. I'm no paid movie critic, but it's still my two cents. Take it or leave it.

By the power of Greyskull!

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites