Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 14, 2007

Come and Listen...

...to the Wonder of it All.

You know it's been hard these last few weeks to hear anything but the hum of school. It's been the driving factor these last few weeks to finish strong with four finals and about 8 papers. There has been nothing subtle about it. And more than a few times, it's been a little annoying.

Through it all another sound has been reverberating in ears...the sound of sheer wonder that can only come from the mouths of kids - my kids in particular. Their wonder at this phenomenon that is Christmas is amazing. I shouldn't be surprised by it, but I usually am for some reason. Probably I'm too distracted with other things to hone in on them, but that is another story for another day.

Every piece of decoration is a precious jewel to them. Every advertisement in the Sunday paper is a treasure chest of potential goodies. Every strand of lights on a house is a piece of art and beauty. They soak it up...every last drop.

I want to do the same. I want to soak up every instance of wonder, beauty and peace that is infused in the story of the birth of Jesus. The wonder of God's plan. The beauty of Mary. The peace of His very presence. What a wonder! What a Savior!

God of Wonders - you are amazing. Give me the heart of child this season to be in awe of your gift, beauty, light, and life this Christmas season. May every "ooo" and "aaahhh" that comes from the mouth of my kids stir within me wonder of who You are and what You have done for the world. What you have done for us. What you have done for me. I am humbled. Thank you for speaking. Amen.

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites