Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 29, 2007

Eye of the Hurricane

So this past Father's Day Kelly game me options for my gifts. One was a massage at a local spa here in Indy, another was music, still another was movies, and lastly a combo of music/movies. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but in the end settled on music. I find it to be one of the things God uses to bring me joy. And I was really excited about it, but I didn't know what I was going to choose. I did some hunting around on the net and through some old emails about hip, meaningful, fun new music. There is a ton of cool new stuff out there. And in the end...I went old school (and a bit new school): The Alarm (and Jamie Cullum).

Before I go further, let me just say that the last couple of days have been total suck wad for me. Tons of reasons. Depression is sneaky. Marriage is tough. Work is draining. I'm tired. Maybe even some things I can't even explain. It's weird. And it all came to a head today.

With that being said, I got 2 of the 6 cds I ordered today (both by The Alarm): Eye of the Hurricane and Change. Wow! A few observations:

  • Hearing them takes me instantly back to the late 80s and early 90s.
  • This is a great band - one of my all-time favorites.
  • I feel better - my head and most importantly my heart).
Now that is a bit superficial (but not really) because music - good music - does that to me (maybe for you, too). It's a pretty amazing thing and I am thankful to God for it.

Just thought I'd share a bit of the sunshine that is shining in my life today. Thanks.

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites