Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Are You Following It?

Because I'm not.

It's wild to think that in our country and in my world of sports addiction that one of the grandest chases for the most hallowed sports record is simply an afterthought.

Holy Crap! Hank Aaron's home run record of 755 is being tracked down by Barry Bonds and I could barely give a flying leap. What the heck?! That's nuts. It shouldn't be that way and it makes me angry and sad.

I'm angry because the greatest record in all of sports is going to be broken by one of the biggest cheaters our sports arenas have ever know (allegedly). This makes me sick. I should be watching Ken Griffey Jr chase this down, but a few years of injuries derailed his run for Aaron. I should be watching this on pins and needles. I should be watching SportsCenter, the late local news, and internet highlights to see what Barry's done tonight. But I can't. Steriods has killed it for me. Barry got sucked in and thus I got turned off.

And so I am sad. As a kid and as an adult I have loved following baseball and what it means to me about Americana, summer, and family/friends. I remember tracking Cal Ripken as he hunted down Lou Gehrig's iron man record. I remember watching ever stinking game of the home run chase in 1998 between Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire (little did I know that was tainted. They were probably filled with more juice than a can of Tropicana. Oh, how ignorance was bliss back then). All of this bums me out because I know those feelings: how fun that was and how cool it was to be apart of nation cheering together. But not now, even though there is a part of me that so wants to. But I'm not.

Suck wad. Am I really feeling this?

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites