Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dream Flight

"Man flies 193 miles in lawn chair"

Did you see that headline in the news? Well it's true. And it's amazing. I'm so jealous (Kelly's probably not though). Here is a blurb about the flight:

Kent Couch, a 47-year0old gas station owner, attached 105 colorful helium balloons to his lawn chair and took a 193 mile trip across Oregon. Couch is the latest American to emulate Larry Walters -- who in 1982 rose three miles above Los Angeles in a lawn chair lifted by balloons. Walters had surprised an airline pilot, who radioed the control tower that he had just passed a guy in a lawn chair. Walters paid a $1,500 penalty for violating air traffic rules. As [Couch] made about 25 miles an hour, a three-car caravan filled with friends, family and the dog followed him from below. Couch said he could hear cattle and children and even passed through clouds.

Wow. I remember the first guy, not because of seeing it on the news or anything, but because I saw it in a Youth Specialties illustration book for youth workers. I kind of thought it might be urban legend, but nope, it's not. And then to have this happen is so stinkin' cool.

This guy rocks. Pursuing some wild and crazy dream like this is awesome. He's making his dreams come true in some pretty incredible ways. It makes me ask myself what am I doing to pursue my dreams? That even begs the question of what are my dreams? And what are my WILD and CRAZY dreams?

I gotta figure that one out. But for now I'll savor this guys moment in the sun and let it be my inspiration for takeoff.

Last thought: would you have the guts to pull this stunt off?

(bu to Boing Boing)

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites