Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Hope

One of my thoughts, as I look back on my time in Indy and at Grace Community Church, is that I hope I was able to leave honorably, graciously, and Jesus-ly (pointing people to Jesus). You know it's tough resigning when in actuality you were probably "let go". There is so much in me that cries for truth and justice. My flesh really does want to exact some amount of revenge for what transpired. But as a follower of Christ, I had to take a step back (get some perspective), take a deep breath (get some wisdom), and try and do the right thing (be honorable, gracious, and Christ-like).

Don't let me fool you into thinking that I got it all right, all the time. I didn't nor haven't. I have simply done my best. Sometimes, however, I get in the way of what God wants to do in and through me, and I choose the way of me and not the way of God. It is so hard to reconnect with those by whom you felt abandoned. There are days where I'm picking up the phone and then I put it down because of bitterness, fear, pain, and/or fatigue. And there are simply the days that I look at the phone and wonder when are THEY going to call me.

These days are fewer and farther between now than they were a year or so ago, but needless to say they are still there. The scar still throbs.

Why am I blogging about this? It's because of this article I found on Monday Morning Insight. It's entitled "How to Leave Your Church With Grace". Here are the three main points:

1. Recognize that the church still belongs to God and only He can make it what it should be.
2. Forgive those who have wronged you.
3. Let your parting words reflect the grace of God not a grudge of the flesh.

Check out the rest of the article. It's short and sweet. You'll get a little glimpse into my world and what my heart has been working through for some time. God is still pushing me to work through unresolved issues. He's good like that. And who knows, maybe there is someone in your world that is working through a similar situation and could use these words of grace like me.

(bu to Monday Morning Insight via email)

No comments:

The Hunger Site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Technorati Favorites